picked up by Reuters on Tuesday. The commentary goes on to say: "Each individual is entitled to live and develop with dignity as a social being. But in American society, where the jungle law prevails, only the strong men's rights over the weak men are ...
CHICAGO -- Last December, rumors about a North Korean unicorn lair circulated on the internet. Word got out that an ancient Korean king once rode this mythical beast. But soon it was discovered that this "unicorn" was not an actual unicorn, but rather an English mistranslation of the word "unicorn." According to ...
NORTH Korean leader Kim Jong-un is handing out copies of Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf in an effort to sow fear among top officials. Kim reportedly handed out copies of Mein Kampf to mark his birthday, but North Korea-watchers believe the move is part of an effort to make him seem powerful, rather than drawing on Nazi beliefs."One source says there have been many overt attempts to imbue Kim ...
Kim Jong-il loved his yacht so much he was apparently buried with it. Now Kim Jong-un has shown he shares his father's penchant for a luxury cruiser, reportedly displaying a gleaming £4.5 million vessel in spite of international ...
The size of the appliances in a typical North Korean home says a lot about social standing. As such, the government uses refrigerators to reward loyal citizens, including its 2008 ...
Catch Me If You Can [Blu-Ray]
Steven Spielbergs Catch Me If You Can tells the you-wouldnt-believe-it-if-it-werent-true tale of one Frank W. Abagnale, Jr., who, at the age of 16, dropped out of high school, ran away from home, and took control of his life by developing into a masterful con artist and p ... ...
VIENNA (Reuters) - The outside world may never find out what type of fissile material North Korea used in its nuclear test four months ago, leaving a key question about the explosion unanswered, officials and experts said on ...
Washington Post reports.The gift was part of a larger effort by Kim to encourage military leaders to study Germany's post-WWI reconstruction, and follow rumors that Kim carefully studied Hitler while attending school in Switzerland."Mentioning that Hitler managed to rebuild Germany in a short time following its defeat in World War I, Kim Jong Un issued an order for the Third Reich to ...
Thousands of people are worked and tortured to death in North Korean gulags every year. Executive Director of the US Committee for Human Rights in North Korea Greg Scarlatoiu tells DW about their living ...
South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se told lawmakers Tuesday diplomatic outreach with China would focus on North Korean concerns. South Korean President Park Guen-hye is scheduled to meet later this month in Beijing with Chinese ...
NEW: Washington says North Korea needs to back up its words A North Korean government group makes its offer to the U.S. to "ease tensions" The U.S. has spearheaded efforts targeting North Korea's nuclear program The North abruptly called off talks days ago with South ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
North Korea TimesNorth Korea Times | Oldest News Site in North Korea
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The North Korea Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive North Korean news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, North Korean news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local North Korea news, the weather forecast for North Korea you'll find it all in the North Korea Times.
From Najin to Pyongyang, the North Korea Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
WASHINGTON - The United States has said it wants "credible negotiations" with North Korea as Pyongyang in its latest offer has expressed desire to start "senior-level" talks with America on regional peace and easing tensions.
President Barack Obama and his South Korean counterpart, Park Geun-hye, are said to have discussed the issue by telephone Sunday evening.
They agreed to close "coordination" on North Korea, both governments said.
"Our desire is to have credible negotiations with the North Koreans, but those talks must involve North Korea living up to its obligations to the world, including compliance with UN Security Council resolutions, and ultimately result in denuclearisation," US National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said.
The latest offer from North Korea came Sunday, days after planned talks between Pyongyang and Seoul were cancelled after disagreement over delegates.
But the reclusive nation demanded talks "without preconditions" even as US officials have always suspected that North Korea has been using provocations
as a ploy to win concessions before offering dialogue and then resort again to raising tensions.
The US wants North Korea to take concrete steps to demonstrate a willingness to abandon its controversial nuclear weapons programmes before diplomatic discussions. ...
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- How poor students get soaked for college sports
- Protect students from anti-gay bullying
- Death Of A Puppy An Exclusive Imaginary Excerpt From The Man Of Steel Sequel
- Will Commerce Open The Doors To Eastern Philosophy
- What others say Countering rape violence against women
- US Taliban to have direct peace talks
- Snoop gear in set-top boxes may soon monitor TV viewers every move
- Charles Saatchi confesses to assaulting wife Nigella Lawson in public
- Rupert Murdoch splits empire but keeps faith in tomorrows newspapers
- BermanBraun Inks Multiyear Production Deal with MGM
- Henry Cavill reveals secrets to getting Superman shape
- Urgent action alert EPA about to raise allowable concentrations of glyphosate on food crops edible oils and animal feed - comments needed by July 1
- Independence looks to expand fitness options after closing of the YMCA
- ‘Emergency’ crew response on UBC campus Tuesday is a mock training exercise RCMP
- UN calls on Brazilian authorities to exercise restraint as protests flare
- Let Hong Kong decide Snowden’s fate
- Basking in warm family bonds away from home
- Morsi cuts Syria ties in attempt to woo West boost image analysts
- Bikers are Kings of the roads in Penang
- Combating corruption in Malaysia
- Angelina Jolies stunt double Eunice Huthart sues Rupert Murdochs News Corp over phone hacking
- To the end of the world
- Facebook reportedly delays release of video ads
- Rupert Murdoch splits empire but keeps faith in tomorrows newspapers
- Man Stabbed In Chest Outside Times Square Disney Store
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest North Korea Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- North Korea Says NSA Spying Makes the U.S. a Kingpin of Human Rights Abuses
- There are no unicorns in North Korea
- Brekkie Wrap Kim Jong-un hands out Mein Kampf NSA director says Wall St attack foiled
- Kim Jong-un pictured with luxury yacht in North Korea
- North Korea’s new rich love buying refrigerators but not for what you’d think