PYONGYANG - A Chinese boat and 16 fishermen held by armed North Koreans for more than two weeks have been released, easing the latest tension in relations between the neighbouring allies. Owner Yu Xuejun, who was not on board the boat when it was seized on 5 May, wrote on his microblog that his captain called him at 3.50am to say the crew and boat were set free and that they were on their way ...
What's Kim Jong Un's boy doing in Beijing? Good question. North Korean state media announced the departure on Wednesday of one Vice Marshal Choe Ryong Hae for China. Not only is this ...
Members of the Korea Internet Security Agency check on cyber attacks at a briefing room of KISA in Seoul on March 20, 2013. (Jung Yeon-Je/AFP/Getty ...
BEIJING (AFP) - A top North Korean general and confidant of leader Kim Jong-Un met a senior Chinese official in Beijing Wednesday, with relations between the allies strained ahead of a China-US summit.Choe Ryong-Hae, director of the Korean People's Army politburo, is a "special envoy" of the North's young leader, Pyongyang's official news agency said.He met Wang Jiarui, ...
North Korea has reappointed a hardline and loyal general as military chief in a move experts said was part of young leader Kim Jong-un's attempt to tighten his grip on the armed forces. Kim Kyok-sik, widely believed to have been behind the shelling of a South Korean island in 2010 that killed four people, was named "chief of the KPA (Korean People's Army) General Staff" by ...
The most maddening thing about Cloud Atlas, a truly ambitious collaboration between Andy and Lana (ne Larry) Wachowski and Tom Tykwer, is not related to any difficulty involved in following its complex narrative structure of six nested stories spanning thousands of years that featu ... ...
Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said in Tokyo on Wednesday that Japan is mulling to resume the stalled inter-governmental talks with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) in an effort to resolve abduction issue.Suga said Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is resolute to resolve the issue and that Japan seeks every possibility to communicate with the DPRK to make the issue ...
/enpproperty--> BEIJING - Wang Jiarui, a senior official of the Communist Party of China (CPC), met with the special envoy of Kim Jong-un, top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) here Wednesday. Wang, who is vice-chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) and head of the International Department of the ...
FILE - In this July 18, 2012 file photo, North Korea's Vice-Marshal Choe Ryong Hae, director of the General Political Bureau of the Korean People's Army, speaks during a meeting at the April 25 House of Culture announcing North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's new title of marshal, in Pyongyang, North Korea. Choe, a "special envoy" for North Korean leader Kim Jong Un left ...
A group of North Korean political and military leaders has arrived in Beijing for diplomatic talks. China is under pressure from the US to keep North Korea's nuclear ambitions from getting out of ...
Modern history is the story of how liberal democracy, originating in Britain and America, spread around the world. This may sound like an absurd fantasy. In actuality, this Whiggish narrative of progress underpins most newspaper editorials, political commentary and speeches in the West, and ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Marble Arch Hotel
The hotel is an old building, in fact there are neon signs on an adjacent, seemingly unused warehouse which is ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
North Korea TimesNorth Korea Times | Oldest News Site in North Korea
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The North Korea Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive North Korean news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, North Korean news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local North Korea news, the weather forecast for North Korea you'll find it all in the North Korea Times.
From Najin to Pyongyang, the North Korea Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
PYONGYANG - A Chinese boat and 16 fishermen held by armed North Koreans for more than two weeks have been released, easing the latest tension in relations between the neighbouring allies.
Owner Yu Xuejun, who was not on board the boat when it was seized on 5 May, wrote on his microblog that his captain called him at 3.50am to say the crew and boat were set free and that they were on their way home.
He told the state-run Global Times newspaper that all crew members were safe.
North Korea has said nothing publicly about the seizure. On Sunday, after Yu had sent out increasingly desperate distress messages on his microblog over the weekend, Beijing revealed that the boat had been seized on May 5. Yu called the Chinese Embassy for help on May 10, China's official news agency Xinhua said.
Yu, who had earlier reported the seizure to Chinese authorities, began publicising the incident over the weekend as the deadline for a 600,000 yuan (64,000 pounds) ransom drew near. Chinese state media then began reporting on the incident, saying China was demanding that North Korea release the men.
Yu said on his microblog on Tuesday that he had been unable to pay any ransom and thanked China's foreign ministry for negotiating on his behalf. ...
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- AU has neglected human rights
- MARCUS Still Hating Breitbart
- LAMBRO From bureaucratic snafu to explosive cover-up
- FONTOVA Protecting sponsor of terrorism
- TIMMERMAN Irans free-election farce
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Sharon Osbourne Re-Joins U.K. X Factor as Judge
- Ang Lee pulls out of television project Tyrant citing fatigue from four years working on Life of Pi
- Flatulence Eat smart exercise and youll be okay
- Winger Ioane Faces Fitness Race for First Lions Test
- Are your children swimming in feces If youre taking them to public pools the answer is yes
- Over 800 world scientists agree GM crops are nothing short of a bio-war on our food
- Global warming debunked NASA report verifies carbon dioxide actually cools atmosphere
- The never-ending rape of the Camerons
- Rebooting our racial quotas
- Real leaders leave gracefully
- Schools should promote diversity
- Reconnecting with the homeland
- January Jones keeps mum about paternity of son
- Iodine deficiency during pregnancy may lead to lower IQ among kids
- Leader of a baby-killing cult commits suicide
- ‘Shame on you… you’re going round in circles baby’ – Pullicino tells Mizzi
- Should baby-products firm play it safe or climb out of the retail playpen
- Googles conversational search arrives with new Chrome
- Yahoos big lean into content to fuel growth
- Vint Cerf weighs in on Google Glass
- Cannes Weinsteins Radius Picks Up Keanu Reeves Man Of Tai Chi
- Sony Board to Discuss Spin-off of Stake in Entertainment Business
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest North Korea Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- Chatter North Korea sends envoy to China
- North Korea How the least-wired country became a hacking superpower
- N. Korea special envoy in China meeting
- Hawkish general makes comeback as North Koreas military chief