PYONGYANG - North Korea continued to fire short range projectiles into waters off its east coast for a third straight day on Monday, officials here said, despite warnings from the US and South Korea against increasing tensions. The North has conducted six such firings since Saturday, in what are believed to be tests of short-range guided missiles or rockets from multiple launchers, officials ...
Beijing, May 20 (Xinhua-ANI): The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) fired another short-range missile between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. local time after launching a missile on Monday morning, Yonhap News Agency reported. "North Korea fired one KN-02 short-range missile between 11 a.m. and 12 a.m. and a second one between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Monday. The second missile is the same type as the ...
North Korea Monday fired two more short-range missiles, a day after UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon urged the regime to return to talks on its controversial nuclear programme. "North Korea fired one KN-02 short-range missile between 11 a.m. and 12 noon and a second one between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Monday. The second missile is the same type as the KN-02 short-range missile launched on Monday ...
Beijing, May 20 (Xinhua-ANI): The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) said Monday that the country' s missiles launch is only part of normal military training for self-defense, the official news agency KCNA reported. The army military training, as a powerful deterrent to cope with the U.S. and the South Korea' s machinations of starting a nuclear war, "is the legitimate right of a ...
Intercontinental Ballistic Missile from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California to the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands, 4,200 miles away. The test was originally scheduled for early April, at the height of the current U.S.-North Korea nuclear crisis. At that ...
After the $40-million debacle that was "Showgirls," director Paul Verhoeven had to do something to salvage his career. With that single movie, he had turned from a star director into a laughing stock. Something had to be done, but what? His answer: simply blow "Showgirls" out of the collective memory. ...
/enpproperty--> Pyongyang reportedly fired two more short-range missiles on Monday, while Beijing called for parties to "ease the tension". The Democratic People's Republic of Korea reportedly fired its fifth and sixth short-range missiles in three days in a series of drills that have been condemned by the Republic of Korea and UN chief Ban Ki-moon. Pyongyang ...
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei on Monday called for the full implementation of relevant UN Security Council resolutions after the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) fired missiles into the East ...
Dong-hyuk Shinto Receive UN Watch Prize at League of Nations Hall in Geneva The award will be presentedat UN Watch's 20th anniversarygala dinner, where Shin will address ambassadors, NGO activists and UN officials.UN Watch will also arrange meetings for Shin with UN human rights officials in Geneva. The other dinner honouree and keynote speaker will be world chess champion and ...
South Korean Army soldiers patrol along a barbed-wire fence near the border village of the Panmunjom in Paju, South Korea, Monday, May 20, 2103. North Korea fired short-range projectiles into its own eastern waters Monday for a third straight day, Seoul officials said. The North said it was bolstering deterrence against enemy ...
Korea 's test firings of six short-range missiles in three days may not reflect a return to a pattern of provocations by Kim Jong Un's regime, according to the U.S. military's top spokesman. The launches don't in themselves end a "provocation pause" and "do not necessarily violate" North Korea's international obligations, George Little, the ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Plaza, New York City
After a prompt and friendly check-in at The Plaza I was escorted by the bellman to the 15th floor to ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
North Korea TimesNorth Korea Times | Oldest News Site in North Korea
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The North Korea Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive North Korean news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, North Korean news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local North Korea news, the weather forecast for North Korea you'll find it all in the North Korea Times.
From Najin to Pyongyang, the North Korea Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
PYONGYANG - North Korea continued to fire short range projectiles into waters off its east coast for a third straight day on Monday, officials here said, despite warnings from the US and South Korea against increasing tensions.
The North has conducted six such firings since Saturday, in what are believed to be tests of short-range guided missiles or rockets from multiple launchers, officials said.
"We remain vigilant for the possibility that the North may launch more," a spokesman for the South Korean Defense Ministry said, insisting upon anonymity.
Analysts say the recent launches appear to be weapons tests or an attempt to get U.S. and South Korean attention.
The two projectiles fired by North Korea on Monday had similar trajectories as four previous launches over the past two days, according to officials at Seoul's Defense Ministry and Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Officials were analyzing whether the projectiles were missiles or rockets fired from a large-caliber gun North Korea may be developing, the officials said on condition of anonymity, citing department rules.
North Korea said the launching were part of normal military drills.
In a statement carried by Pyongyang's official Korean Central News Agency, the North's Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland said it was "brigandish sophism" for Washington and Seoul to accuse the North of raising tensions when they recently staged far bigger military exercises involving a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. ...
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Dont judge my service industry career
- Mental illness has many faces
- Denying Genocide Wont Promote Reconciliation
- Politics in the Pub Education - the way forward
- Editorial Obama’s weak record on freedom of the press
- British economy in modest recovery central bank governor
- Becks bombarded with big-bucks TV and film deals
- Why Are Republicans So Riled Up About Obama’s Justice Department Reading a Fox News Reporter’s E-mails When the Bush Administration Did the Same Thing
- Its Official Kelly Rowland Paulina Rubio Joining X Factor
- Fox News slams DOJ over monitoring of reporter James Rosen
- 2 F.B.I. Agents Die in Counterterrorism Training Exercise at Sea
- Gyms For Women Sell More Than Fitness
- Angelina Jolie backlash grows as everyday moms blast elitist double mastectomy as affordable only by ultra rich
- B vitamins may slow the advance of Alzheimers
- Doctors increasingly declaring bankruptcy as Obamacare kicks in causing widespread care shortages
- The best ways to national unity
- Leadership and nation building
- A tale of two Islamist parties
- A lose-lose situation indeed
- No real efforts to nab the culprits
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- NowThis News Attracts High-Profile Supporters
- NY official Airbnb stay illegal host fined $2400
- Google Checkout to check out
- Flickrs new $499.99 per year Doublr service explained
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest North Korea Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- DPRK fires another short-range missile Media
- North Korea fires two more short-range missiles
- DPRK says missiles launch part of normal military training for self-defense
- Fueling the Nuclear Fire in North Korea