WASHINGTON - A U.S. appeals court has upheld a decision by the U.S. Export-Import Bank to finance the sale of 30 Boeing wide-body jets to Indian state-owned carrier Air India in a legal challenge brought by Delta Air Lines to the loan guarantee. The court has however directed the government-run bank to better explain its rationale for providing loan guarantee, which Delta claimed as a ...
LONDON - Internet giant Google said it is spending $5 million to wipe images of child abuse off the Internet and another $2 million to create tools to find the images and eradicate them. "We're in the business of making information widely available, but there's certain 'information' that should never be created or found," wrote Jacqueline Fuller, director of Google Giving, in a blog post. ...
DURBAN / LONDON - South Africa's biggest generic drug maker Aspen Pharmacare and its subsidiary Aspen Global Incorporated have made an offer to acquire thrombosis drugs and their associated manufacturing site at Notre Dame de Bondeville, France, from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). "AGI will acquire from GSK the Arixtra and Fraxiparine/Fraxodi brands and business worldwide, except in China, Pakistan ...
BEIJING - China, the world's biggest carbon emitter, is set to launch Tuesday its first carbon trading scheme as a pilot project in the southern city of Shenzhen as part of efforts to cut emissions in its key cities. Carbon emissions trading schemes are meant to encourage companies to reduce their carbon dioxide emissions by setting a limit or a cap, on the level of emission that can be ...
LONDON - The consumer price index (CPI) inflation increased to 2.7% in May, up from 2.4% in April, mainly due to higher fuel costs pushing up transportation costs particularly airfares, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said Tuesday. The ONS said the rise was due to a record increase in airfares and higher fuel prices. "The inflation rate has returned to the levels seen between ...
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
A decade ago, Oliver Stone was the premiere cinematic chronicler of the recent American past. No filmmaker better nailed the anxieties and failed dreams of the 1960s and, more importantly, the remorse that followed, than Stone did in Platoon (1986), Born on the Fourth of Ju ... ...
Internet corporation Yahoo has followed the league of technological companies in publishing reports about 'snoop data' requests made by the US government. According to the Guardian, Yahoo has revealed that it had received 12,000-13,000 requests, inclusive of criminal, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), and other requests by the government between 1 December 2012 and 31 May ...
Asian stocks fell broadly on Wednesday as investors adopted a cautious stance ahead of the outcome of the two-day policy meeting of the U.S. Federal Reserve. With Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke scheduled to hold a press conference shortly after the meeting, investors wait to hear what he has to say about possible tapering of bond purchases and the future course of Fed policy. Japanese shares bucked ...
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Among the shares expected to see active trade in Wednesday's session are those of FedEx Corp., Micron Technology Inc. and Red Hat ...
ITV has made its third foray into the US TV production sector, paying $30m (19m) for a controlling stake in the company behind Kevin Costner drama Hatfields & McCoys.The UK broadcaster is buying 65% of Los ...
Bang up the bankers! That has a nice ring to it, like the rioter's line in Henry VI (part two) that always gets a roar of approval, "let's kill all the lawyers". But does anyone really think any of them will land in the clink? The degree of personal recklessness would have to be extreme.The parliamentary commission on banking standards ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hawaii Hotel
This 5 star resort hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Waikiki, around from Diamond Head. The hotel was the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
North Korea TimesNorth Korea Times | Oldest News Site in North Korea
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The North Korea Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive North Korean news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, North Korean news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local North Korea news, the weather forecast for North Korea you'll find it all in the North Korea Times.
From Najin to Pyongyang, the North Korea Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un handed out copies of Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf to mark his birthday.
Kim reportedly distributed the copies of Mein Kampf in an effort to sow fear among top officials.
According to the Telegraph, North Korea-watchers believe the move is part of an effort to make him seem powerful, rather than drawing on Nazi beliefs.
Shirley Lee, the editor of the New Focus International website, said that one source told him that there have been many overt attempts to imbue Kim with an 'intimidating charisma,' the report added. (ANI)
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- Tick Tock Make The Serve Pitch Putt Or Shot
- Child labor jars with Islamic tradition
- Militants torch NATO lifeline
- US-Taliban talks set to begin
- Hawks doves and pipeline politics in Syria
- Model Caprice Bourret set to star in reality show
- Cricket Australia rejects Channel Nine claims of influencing team selection
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over phone hacking
- US Taliban to have direct peace talks
- Snoop gear in set-top boxes may soon monitor TV viewers every move
- Calcium and vitamin D intake timing may affect how bone adapts to exercise
- Beliefs about causes of obesity could affect weight and eating behaviour
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- North fitness boost for Lions
- Turmeric produces mind-blowing recovery from dementia symptoms multiple case studies show
- For Syrian Kurds camp offers wildly different fates
- China says it just wants to be friends
- Defiant Putin sets himself up as G-8 outsider
- Filipinos helped make Malaysia what she is too
- Distracted and dangerous on the road
- Chevy to Return to Oscar Advertising With User-Generated Ad
- Dish Abandons Sprint Bid to Focus on Clearwire Deal
- U.K.s ITV Acquires Majority Stake in Hatfields McCoys Producer
- Netflix to Launch in Netherlands Later This Year
- Privacy officials from 6 countries request details on Google Glass
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest North Korea Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Kim Jong Un distributes copies of Hitlers Mein Kampf to North Korean officials to mark bday
- World North Korea condemns Hitler report
- Chinas attitude on DPRK consistent
- N. Korea Beijings problem child
- North Korea China look to resolve crisis