Video: Has Mad Men ruined the rest of TV? Jokes about these matters abound. Snippy comments, acid remarks, one-liners. Most can be found on Twitter, 140 characters at a time. One good joke gets repeated ceaselessly.Our current circumstance helps us put into perspective, I think, the dearth of good TV comedy these days. In recent weeks I've written about both Louis C.K. and Amy Schumer, ...
19 May 2013 True Verdict built on her promising comeback run to gain a deserved opening success in the Come Racing On June 8th Maiden at ...
A former presidential contender, Texas Gov. Rick Perry, is doing a little bragging. "If we want to get American working again, we need Washington to get out of the way," he said. The day Obama swung through Austin earlier this month, Perry ran an ad in the local newspaper in which he referenced the "Texas model working much better than Washington's," saying that ...
Gerardo Parra’s first-pitch, solo home run was all Arizona needed to top Miami on Saturday. (Mike Ehrmann/Getty) Brandon McCarthy’s performance in the Diamondbacks’ 1-0 win over the Marlins on Saturday night was noteworthy in and of itself as he shut out the Marlins on three hits and a pair of walks extending his personal scoreless innings streak to 17. What gave the game ...
Some historians believe wallpaper had ancient origins, but despite its popularity among past generations it had fallen out of favor. Now some entrepreneurial wallpaper designers are stirring a renaissance of wall coverings with styles that surprise and amuse. Rita Braver reports. Photo ...
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home [Blu-Ray]
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home established a completely new tone in the film franchise that began in 1979 with Robert Wises stately, cerebral Star Trek: The Motion Picture and was followed by 1982s violently operatic Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and 1984s solemn ... ...
, which is perhaps the most eagerly anticipated film at this year's Cannes Film Festival and is slated for a December release. A German reporter referred to Nazism and the Holocaust before inquiring if the Coen brothers could define "Jewish ...
It seems that the world of Weird News is filled with bikinis, weenies and roots that look like Homer Simpson. Teacher Olivia Sprauer may have been fired for the swimsuit photos she posed for under the name "Victoria James" two weeks ago, but ...
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germans lamented their unexpectedly poor showing at the Eurovision Song Contest, blaming Chancellor Angela Merkel's tough stance in the euro zone crisis for their failure to win any points from 34 of the 39 countries voting. Denmark's Emmelie de Forest won the event, watched by around 125 million people across Europe, with 281 points while German act Cascada was 21st ...
patent application for an oral care device that could administer chemicals when it comes into contact with a person's mouth or teeth. Among the substances listed as those that could potentially be delivered through the toothbrush is - you guessed it - caffeine, which is listed in the patent as a "homeopathic teething or inflammation soothing additive." Other substances which ...
Umbilical cord blood holds precious stem cells. At some Swiss hospitals, mothers can donate their baby's supply to research. But some labs have privatised the practice, and not everyone is sure it's worth the cost. ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Diplomat SAS Radisson Bahrain
Arriving at Bahrain International Airport I followed the signs through to Immigration to have my passport checked, and to buy ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
North Korea TimesNorth Korea Times | Oldest News Site in North Korea
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The North Korea Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive North Korean news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, North Korean news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local North Korea news, the weather forecast for North Korea you'll find it all in the North Korea Times.
From Najin to Pyongyang, the North Korea Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
19 May 2013 150 Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has voiced his concern about provocations and tensions on the Korean Peninsula following reports that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) launched short-range guided missiles into the sea on Saturday.
The latest action comes despite repeated calls by the international community, including Mr. Ban and the United Nations Security Council, for DPRK to refrain from any actions that might exacerbate tensions on the Peninsula.
In February, the DPRK conducted its third, long threatened nuclear test, a move that was in violation of Security Council sanctions and drew widespread condemnation, including from the Secretary-General.
The test prompted the Security Council to tighten sanctions on the country's trade and banking, as well as travel by targeted officials. The DPRK then reportedly said it was cancelling the 1953 Armistice Agreement that ended the Korean War.
Mr. Ban's spokesperson said today that the Secretary-General remains concerned about provocations and tensions on the Korean Peninsula, "particularly given the risks of miscalculation and dangerous escalation."
The Secretary-General stands ready to help facilitate the process of peace and trust-building on the Korean Peninsula, the spokesperson added." ...
- Large rally places job demands on Italian government
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Financial paper hacked by Syrians
- Hackers target important Saudi websites
- Target looks for new ideas from digital world
- Its Not Just About Sexual Violence
- South China Sea dispute Taiwan flexes its muscles | Editorial
- World worries about Syria Washington stuck on Benghazi
- Minnesota program cuts costs for poor — compassionately
- Marriage and much more How Minnesotas 2010 election mattered
- No commercials TV channel starts broadcast in Russia
- Iran executes two spies working for CIA Mossad
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- Christine White dead at 86
- Ryan Fogle U.S. Embassy Employee Accused Of Being CIA Spy Leaves Russia NTV Television Reports
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Outside consultant Exercise-product start-up needs laser focus
- FBI Mourns the Loss of Two Special Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Outpost Natural Foods plans July start 80 jobs for Mequon store
- US government claims 100 ownership over all your DNA and reproductive rights genetic slavery is already here
- Looking forward with a new hope
- All a-flutter over beauty queens
- Politics killing the earth
- Let’s have high standards of the 50s and 60s
- Focus on the real issues in our society
- Computer visionary says he knows who invented Bitcoin
- Yahoo Board Unfazed by Tumblr Porn Approves $1.1B Acquisition
- Upfront Brings New Scheduling Strategy for Broadcast Nets
- Google Americas third political party
- Twitter will damn your soul Saudi cleric says
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest North Korea Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ban concerned about provocations after latest DPR Korea missile test
- North Korea Test-Fires 4th Short-Range Missile
- North Korea fires short-range missile
- UN chief urges DPRK to return to negotiating table
- DPR Koreans win mixed doubles at table tennis worlds