On April 1 - the first day that tickets went on sale for Tall Ships Duluth 2013, July 25-29 - every single ticket for the two-hour day sails on these old beauties had been sold. Latecomers (by which I mean the lazy folks who logged on for tickets on April 2) had to content themselves with dock or onboard tours. Fortunately for fans of old-time wooden ships (and their modern-day reproductions), ...
In the early 1980s, when I was a fifth-grader at Jefferson Elementary School, in a small town in Minnesota, our teacher, Mr. Odegaard, asked us if we wanted to see something. We did. So he took us down a little-used stairway, through a door and into a tunnel beneath our school. He flicked on the lights. The sound of our shuffling feet echoed down a long, dark corridor. "The walls down here ...
The ancient art of mosaics thrives in Ravenna, the Italian city known for the art form. A master's five-day crash course teaches the technique to ...
The woman in the wheelchair and headphones is watching pictures go by and hearing a narrator speak about a place and a moment long ago. On the screen a typewritten love letter appears and as the words scroll down, you can imagine the woman when she first laid eyes on those words. It was 80 years ago in Pampa, Texas, when Mary Jennings, then 16, succumbed to the sweet words and married Woody ...
As more countries propose legislation to legalize same-sex marriage, as Minnesota just did, destinations and travel companies are increasingly marketing themselves to gay travelers. But John Tanzella, president of the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association, warned that not all those who talk the talk necessarily walk the walk. "Let’s say a hotel is doing an ad campaign, but ...
Dillinger Is Dead (Dillinger è morto) [DVD]
Marco Ferreris non-narrative curiosity Dillinger is Dead was given its first theatrical release in the U.S. last year, exactly three decades after it first appeared in European cinemas, and it was received with the kind of rapturous acclaim that often attends challenging ... ...
Q: I'm trying to help my sister get a refund on her daughter's nonrefundable airline ticket. Her daughter went to Spain in January as an exchange student. Her return was scheduled for May 29. When my sister, her husband and son went to Spain to visit her, my brother-in-law was rushed to the hospital. He was hospitalized for over a week until he was stable enough to fly back to Boston. ...
Starwood has just unveiled the renovated Prince de Galles on Avenue George V in Paris. The Art Deco hotel, close to the Champs-Elyses, has been closed for two years ...
Ben Ross is Head of Travel at The Independent. He has worked for the paper for over a decade, and began reporting on travel in 2001. Before joining the travel desk full time, he ran The Independent's special projects department. He started his journalistic career at the BBC working for its commercial arm, BBC ...
The number of hotel rooms in Fujairah is expected to double to 1,600 this year. Above, the Hotel JAL Fujairah Resort and Spa. Randi Sokoloff / The ...
SANTIAGO (Reuters) - LATAM Airlines Group SA LAN.SN said on Saturday it will resume flights to, from and within Argentina by 1530 GMT after state company Intercargo unilaterally decided on Friday to stop providing services to the ...
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Comfort Hotel Portrush
I arrived into Portrush, after a journey from Belfast to Londonderry on the M2 Motorway. Having seen Londonderry I was ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
North Korea TimesNorth Korea Times | Oldest News Site in North Korea
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The North Korea Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive North Korean news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, North Korean news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local North Korea news, the weather forecast for North Korea you'll find it all in the North Korea Times.
From Najin to Pyongyang, the North Korea Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
North Korea has fired three short-range missiles from its east coast.
South Korean officials have been carefully monitoring the missile firings as tensions rise again in the Korean Peninsula.
The missiles were fired on Saturday morning and afternoon in a north-east direction.
Analysts have said the missiles were not as dangerous as the intermediate-range missiles which Pyongyang had threatened to fire last month.
Earlier this year, North Korea threatened nuclear strikes and attacks on targets in Japan, South Korean and US military targets in the region.
South Korea has been protected by the US since the 1950's when the North and South split into separate regimes.
Tensions were high last month amid threats from North Korea to restart its nuclear programme.
- SUV crash survival more likely
- Spanish surplus figures improve
- Letta may abolish unpopular taxes
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Thai phone operators told to lower charges
- Dubais child labor complicity
- Struggle Against Dire Conditions for Iran Workers
- Burma the EU has been too quick to lift sanctions
- Sex Offenders Aren’t All Monsters
- This is why Jordan cant be trusted on torture
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- Jenny Mccarthy flashes boobs on TV after accepting Lil Jons dare
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- `The Voice loses Shakira gets Christina Aguilera back
- Sports Why most retired footballers become television pundits
- Statins May Reduce Exercise Benefits For Obese Adults
- Organic food companies gain Washington clout
- Mequon Outpost Natural Foods set to open by summer 2014
- Study Says Cell Phones Lower Blood Pressure Yoga Brings It Down
- Actor Justin Bartha and fitness trainer Lia Smith get engaged
- Surgery needs pause for thought
- Election in Pakistan reverberates widely through tough history
- Syrias Islamist Nusra Front getting eclipsed by Iraq-based al-Qaida
- Tax agency scandal thrusts tea party back into spotlight
- All eyes on the year 2016
- Fugitive to police on Facebook Catch me if you can. They do
- Cannes Shoreline Touts Brendan Fraser Comedy Western With the Outlaws
- How to really really make your naked Snapchat photos disappear
- Google Translate now serves 200 million people daily
- New Bacardi Ad Re-Creates Rum-and-Coke History
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest North Korea Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Missile launched from North Korea
- North Korea launches three missiles
- DPRK launches 3 short-range missiles
- Japan confirms DPRK launched missile
- Tensions put aside as N.Korea beat South for table tennis gold