Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
The Court of Arbitration for Sport has dismissed Athens Olympic champion Koji Murofushi's challenge of an International Olympic Committee's (IOC) disqualification from member election. The Japanese hammer thrower was disqualified from IOC's athletes committee member election after claims he excessively lobbied fellow athletes ahead of voting at the London Olympics, reports Xinhua. The IOC has ...
Sports media giant ESPN has given pink slips to nearly 7,000 employees on Tuesday, the network said in a statement. The Bristol, Connecticut-based company said it was looking at the financial bottom line. In a statement the company said that they were implementing changes across the company to enhance their continued growth while smartly managing costs. It added that while difficult, they ...
Microsoft has unveiled its latest video gaming console 'Xbox One' which is believed to transform games, TV and entertainment for the 21st century living room. The latest console reportedly promises a vision of the future. According to a report by the Mirror, 'Xbox One' will allow users to turn on the device with words like "Xbox On", and "snap" will allow users to watch two things at ...
we gave you the readers the chance to star on our cover via Twitter and be a FIT City Series race ambassador. Here we meet the inspiring winners and hear their fitness stories
I was always involved in sport when I was younger, from rugby to GAA, golf and swimming. I was never the best or fittest, but was passionate about sport, so always gave 100pc effort.Then from 2007 to 2010, a number of factors, including ...
Vertical Limit establishes the stakes of its dangerous game in the opening sequence, which makes abundantly clear that rock climbing, despite the high-tech equipment and experienced enthusiasts, is a deadly hobby that, in a heartbeat, can lead to tragedy. ...
Los Angeles mayoral candidate Eric Garcetti speaks during an election night party at the Hollywood Palladium in Hollywood, California, May 21, ...
GRAPEVINE, Texas (Reuters) - Gay rights activists and members of conservative groups gathered in the Texas town of Grapevine on Wednesday where Boy Scouts of America delegates were expected to vote at a national meeting to lift its ban on gay youth ...
Image Credit: THE RETURN OF RETURN OF THE JEDI: 30 YEARS AND COUNTING – Directed by Kyle Newman — Pictured: Kyle Newman’s wife and actress Jaime King with Storm Trooper (Screengrab) EW approached filmmaker Kyle Newman ...
BIRMINGHAM — Nick Saban's scowling face now greets fans coming into the state of Alabama Sports Hall of Fame and a box of his cherished oatmeal cream pies rests at his ...
The week before Adam Scott won the Masters in April, Uniqlo announced that it had signed the golfer to a multiyear endorsement contract. A year earlier, Novak Djokovic (at right) also became a brand ambassador for Uniqlo and reclaimed his spot as the world's No. 1 men's tennis ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Marble Arch Hotel
The hotel is an old building, in fact there are neon signs on an adjacent, seemingly unused warehouse which is ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
North Korea TimesNorth Korea Times | Oldest News Site in North Korea
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The North Korea Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive North Korean news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, North Korean news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local North Korea news, the weather forecast for North Korea you'll find it all in the North Korea Times.
From Najin to Pyongyang, the North Korea Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - In an indication that North Korea may give diplomacy a chance to end regional tension, its leader Kim Jong Un Wednesday sent a special envoy to China to win the confidence of its most important ally.
The trip by Vice Marshal Choe Ryong Hae, a senior Workers' Party official and the military's top political officer, comes after months of ignoring Chinese warnings to give up nuclear weapons.
The visit is taking place amid tensions easing on the Korean Peninsula. For the last two months, Pyongyang has been threatening to attack South Korean and US military bases in the region.
Choe is considered a longtime Kim family friend who is often seen standing next to the leader, along with Jang Song Thaek, Kim Jong Un's uncle, in official pictures.
Jang, a top official now in charge of overseeing the push to expand North Korea's sports industry, visited China in August last year but was not in Wednesday's delegation.
This is the first trip by a top North Korean official to China as the US, Japan, South Korea and Russia have been urging Beijing to stop its belligerent neighbour and engage with Pyongyang on reining its nuclear weapon's programme.
China and North Korea are jointly developing two special economic zones: Rason on the Korean Peninsula's northeastern tip and Hwanggumphyong, an island in the Yalu River on North Korea's western border. ...
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- April sees Japan trade deficit jump to 879.9bn yen
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
- Letters Stories From Moore Okla.
- House gets cold shoulder
- Tim takes his leave
- St. Paul Saints mandatory smoking section
- Bipartisanship at the Minnesota Legislature Believe it
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Cross-dressing Cuban woman who fought for Confederacy a rebel in more ways than one
- NBC appeals to higher power with ’s ‘Save Me’
- Fish oil supplements may help cut risk of diabetes heart disease
- we gave you the readers the chance to star on our cover via Twitter and be a FIT City Series race ambassador. Here we meet the inspiring winners and hear their fitness stories
- Lawsuit Schools spreading gospel of yoga
- Jose Canseco Denies Accusation of Sexual Assault in Las Vegas
- Judge to Decide If Yoga Belongs in Public Schools
- Strength in our difference
- A tale of two schools
- Danger on the road
- We must look at language as an asset
- We have to be humane to all who are put under arrest
- Syrian activists Facebook pages said to be shuttered
- Drive on Android scans receipts adds Cards
- Mark Hamill to Be Honored at PromaxBDA Conference
- Cloud Atlas Debuts at No. 1 on Blu-ray DVD Charts
- Now for sale on Craigslist Google Glass
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest North Korea Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- North Korean special envoy visits China to win confidence
- Special envoy from N. Korea arrives in China
- North Korean Envoy Visits Beijing Amid Strained Relations
- U.S. Response to North Koreas Threats
- Japan ponders direct talks with Pyongyang