NEW YORK - Yahoo promised "not to screw it up" as it formally announced its acquisition of the popular Tumblr blogging platform for $1.1bn in cash, giving the company a much-needed base in social media to reach a younger generation of users. The relaxed wording of the memo for one of the internet giant's biggest acquisitions was echoed in the memo sent by David Karp, Tumblr's 26-year-old ...
An FIR was Monday registered here against social networking site Facebook on a complaint that claimed a group on the site exhorts people to slaughter cows, police said. The site was booked under penal provisions and under the Information Technology (IT) Act, 2000, on the complaint filed by senior police officer Amitabh Thakur. In his complaint filed at Gomtinagar police station, Thakur alleged ...
Mobile has made access to Facebook much easier, but the social networking site has also become susceptible to attempted hijackings and attempted thefts on cell phones. Here are a few ways to make sure that the most popular site is safe from being hacked. According to ABC News, one of the ways to safeguard your Facebook account is to always logout after using it on your mobile and use ...
Australian Test batsman David Warner was reportedly enraged by a picture linking him to spot-fixing suspect S.Sreesanth in an article by journalist Robert Craddock into corruption in the Indian Premier League (IPL), which led him to insult Craddock and his co-scribe Malcolm Conn on Twitter. An early morning text message from a friend in Australia is believed to have sparked the Twitter tirade ...
Australian opening batsman David Warner is facing a Cricket Australia (CA) disciplinary hearing for his vitriolic social media outburst at respected News Limited sportswriters Robert Craddock and Malcolm Conn. Warner, whose captaincy aspirations have taken a hit, had been reported for breaching the code of behaviour of the CA, which will be deciding a date for the hearing ahead of this week's ...
Analyze That is the opposite of its predecessor, the hilarious Analyze This (1999). While reviewing that film three years ago, I wrote that the films ultimate strength and why it was so effective as a comedy was because director Harold Ramis knows to play the movie straight, and he doesn't force the laughs down our throats. Its as if someone else directed Analyze That, althou ... ...
An Australian sports commentator has sparked outrage on Twitter for an Indian impersonation during a news broadcast. Sandy Roberts had put on an Indian accent and made a joke about eating curry following coverage of the Indian Premier League (IPL) during Channel 7's news broadcast, News.com.au reports. According to the report, Roberts' action caused an instantaneous backlash against him in ...
I think I might have seen all the buzzing, womming, seeding, social media planning, buying, strategies and tactics available. From local brands to big spending global brands. And ...
Protesters plan to skip this year's Amazon shareholders' meeting after the company made changes to its policies. Last year, protesters lined the block around the Seattle Art Museum when Amazon held its annual shareholders meeting there. This year, things may be a bit more subdued. When Amazon shareholders and executives meet Thursday, the investors will vote whether to reappoint the nine ...
Silvercar offers all Audi A4s for rent at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and on Friday another rental car facility will open at Dallas Love Field. It pays to know the back roads around Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. One missed exit in the DFW Connector highway construction project can really ruin your day. I found myself unable to enter the airport on the north end a few weeks ...
The District's tax office has failed to collect $6.5 million in penalties from large D.C. businesses that do not file their returns electronically as required by law. That is one of numerous flaws including unauthorized changes, insufficient support, inadequate planning that the D.C. inspector general found in the Office of Tax and Revenue's Integrated Tax System, software the District ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Plaza, New York City
After a prompt and friendly check-in at The Plaza I was escorted by the bellman to the 15th floor to ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
North Korea TimesNorth Korea Times | Oldest News Site in North Korea
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The North Korea Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive North Korean news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, North Korean news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local North Korea news, the weather forecast for North Korea you'll find it all in the North Korea Times.
From Najin to Pyongyang, the North Korea Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
PYONGYANG - North Korea continued to fire short range projectiles into waters off its east coast for a third straight day on Monday, officials here said, despite warnings from the US and South Korea against increasing tensions.
The North has conducted six such firings since Saturday, in what are believed to be tests of short-range guided missiles or rockets from multiple launchers, officials said.
"We remain vigilant for the possibility that the North may launch more," a spokesman for the South Korean Defense Ministry said, insisting upon anonymity.
Analysts say the recent launches appear to be weapons tests or an attempt to get U.S. and South Korean attention.
The two projectiles fired by North Korea on Monday had similar trajectories as four previous launches over the past two days, according to officials at Seoul's Defense Ministry and Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Officials were analyzing whether the projectiles were missiles or rockets fired from a large-caliber gun North Korea may be developing, the officials said on condition of anonymity, citing department rules.
North Korea said the launching were part of normal military drills.
In a statement carried by Pyongyang's official Korean Central News Agency, the North's Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland said it was "brigandish sophism" for Washington and Seoul to accuse the North of raising tensions when they recently staged far bigger military exercises involving a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. ...
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Losing arguments on the Internet
- How Baghdad Fuels Iraqs Sectarian Fire
- If all options are open why not prosecute Abu Qatada in the UK
- Russia The Day the Inspectors Came
- The Dark Side of Irans Drug Policy
- Angelina Jolie backlash grows as everyday moms blast elitist double mastectomy as affordable only by ultra rich
- B vitamins may slow the advance of Alzheimers
- Doctors increasingly declaring bankruptcy as Obamacare kicks in causing widespread care shortages
- Maca root improves libido boosts stamina and lowers cholesterol
- Mango the new diabetes and cancer buster
- S. Korea asking North to return products isnt begging for talks
- Egypt faces social pressure to cease selling of alcohol
- Leaving an old self behind in Taiwan
- People not ready to go back to party
- Germany faces big challenges in shift toward green energy
- Obama discusses racism fatherhood with black college grads
- Paranoid woman begs court to let her abort baby
- Video Lady Antebellum ready for baby hiatus
- Rosie Pope helps navigate exotic baby gear
- Oh baby Researchers explore symbolic meaning behind infant-feeding choices
- Financial Times allegedly hacked by Syrians
- Square adds PayPal-like cash by e-mail feature
- Haunting Melissa App-only film delivers horror to mobile
- Googles new Hangouts cant make phone calls
- Swedish House Mafia Parts Ways in New Volvo Campaign
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest North Korea Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- DPRK fires another short-range missile Media
- North Korea fires two more short-range missiles
- DPRK says missiles launch part of normal military training for self-defense
- Ban concerned about provocations after latest DPR Korea missile test
- North Korea Test-Fires 4th Short-Range Missile