A woman from Newport, South Wales, has developed a peculiar condition in which she cleans and tidies the house while she is still sleeping. Claire Bartlett, 50, has an odd habit of doing the dishes, dusting and even shining the windows in a deep slumber, the Sun reported. It started in October 2012, but since she does such a good job of cleaning up, neither she nor husband Crispin, want to ...
WASHINGTON - The government’s efforts to snoop on Fox News reporter James Rosen during a leak investigation were broader than first revealed - extending to other Fox reporters and even included Rosen’s parents’ home on Staten Island.The feds swept up information on several phone numbers associated with Fox News’ bureau in DC, the network confirmed, and two phone numbers ...
IT'S not unusual for a cat to get a hairball, but a 180-kilogram tiger has needed help from veterinary surgeons when he couldn't hack up a soccer ball-sized furball by ...
MI6 drew up a secret hit list of key German figures to be assassinated in preparation for the D-Day landings, according to official papers made public for the first time. The targets included senior Gestapo officers in France as well as logistics experts considered vital to the movements of the German troops who would confront the Allied invasion force, files released by the National Archives ...
CLEARWATER, Fla. -- It's not unusual for a cat to get a hairball, but a 400-pound tiger needed help from veterinary surgeons in Florida when he couldn't hack up a basketball-size hairball by himself.The 17-year-old tiger named Ty underwent the procedure Wednesday at a veterinary center in the Tampa Bay area community of Clearwater. Doctors said in a statement that they safely removed ...
Double Suicide (Shinju ten no amijima) [DVD]
Much like the teenage lovers in William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, the adult lovers in Masahiro Shinoda's Double Suicide (Shinju ten no amijima) find that their love for each runs into a wall erected by a structured society that will not permit it. While Shakespeare's ill-fated lovers were caught in the cross-hairs of familial feuding, the lovers in Double Suicid ... ...
Attorney General Luther Strange Strange pointed out that an IRS official invoked the Fifth Amendment against self-incrimination earlier Wednesday when called before a House committee. (Dave Martin | Associated Press | ...
reports on the outlook for the second year of the sequester, which will reduce spending in FY2014 from $1.043 trillion to $967 billion. In all likelihood, the $76 billion in additional austerity will come from another round of indiscriminate cuts. And The Republican head of the House's Appropriations Committee isn't ...
"Clearly," the government authors write, "someone is not telling the truth." That is a rather obvious deduction, given the contents of the 30-page report into what went wrong to allow a private plane, ferrying wedding guests, to land at the country's top air ...
Brandon Phillips bounced a bizarre double over first base to snap a ninth-inning tie, and the Cincinnati Reds completed a three-game sweep of the struggling New York Mets with a 7-4 victory ...
Three sisters say they were kicked out of a Pennsylvania mall because they refused to remove profanity-laden hats expressing their hatred of ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Marble Arch Hotel
The hotel is an old building, in fact there are neon signs on an adjacent, seemingly unused warehouse which is ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
North Korea TimesNorth Korea Times | Oldest News Site in North Korea
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The North Korea Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive North Korean news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, North Korean news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local North Korea news, the weather forecast for North Korea you'll find it all in the North Korea Times.
From Najin to Pyongyang, the North Korea Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - In an indication that North Korea may give diplomacy a chance to end regional tension, its leader Kim Jong Un Wednesday sent a special envoy to China to win the confidence of its most important ally.
The trip by Vice Marshal Choe Ryong Hae, a senior Workers' Party official and the military's top political officer, comes after months of ignoring Chinese warnings to give up nuclear weapons.
The visit is taking place amid tensions easing on the Korean Peninsula. For the last two months, Pyongyang has been threatening to attack South Korean and US military bases in the region.
Choe is considered a longtime Kim family friend who is often seen standing next to the leader, along with Jang Song Thaek, Kim Jong Un's uncle, in official pictures.
Jang, a top official now in charge of overseeing the push to expand North Korea's sports industry, visited China in August last year but was not in Wednesday's delegation.
This is the first trip by a top North Korean official to China as the US, Japan, South Korea and Russia have been urging Beijing to stop its belligerent neighbour and engage with Pyongyang on reining its nuclear weapon's programme.
China and North Korea are jointly developing two special economic zones: Rason on the Korean Peninsula's northeastern tip and Hwanggumphyong, an island in the Yalu River on North Korea's western border. ...
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- April sees Japan trade deficit jump to 879.9bn yen
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
- Cuba bridgade information session
- Public meeting Mona El Farra discusses public health in Gaza.
- Rally National Day of Action for Bradley Manning.
- Rally Original Nations Passport ceremony.
- Friday Night Late Show with Dolly Diamond Feat.
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- The Apprentice a psychological assessment | Dean Burnett
- Cross-dressing Cuban woman who fought for Confederacy a rebel in more ways than one
- NBC appeals to higher power with ’s ‘Save Me’
- Fish oil supplements may help cut risk of diabetes heart disease
- Cop recruit deaths Fitness was required for traffic officers
- Bill allows CT tribes to exercise its own law enforcement powers moves to Senate www.privateofficer.com
- we gave you the readers the chance to star on our cover via Twitter and be a FIT City Series race ambassador. Here we meet the inspiring winners and hear their fitness stories
- Lawsuit Schools spreading gospel of yoga
- Quality schools hold the key to good education
- Strength in our difference
- A tale of two schools
- Danger on the road
- We must look at language as an asset
- Syrian activists Facebook pages said to be shuttered
- Drive on Android scans receipts adds Cards
- Mark Hamill to Be Honored at PromaxBDA Conference
- Cloud Atlas Debuts at No. 1 on Blu-ray DVD Charts
- Now for sale on Craigslist Google Glass
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest North Korea Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- North Korean special envoy visits China to win confidence
- Amateur sleuths crack North Korean secrets
- N. Korea tries diplomacy with China
- U.S. urges DPRK to immediately release sentenced American
- Carter has no plan to visit DPRK spokeswoman