A woman from Newport, South Wales, has developed a peculiar condition in which she cleans and tidies the house while she is still sleeping. Claire Bartlett, 50, has an odd habit of doing the dishes, dusting and even shining the windows in a deep slumber, the Sun reported. It started in October 2012, but since she does such a good job of cleaning up, neither she nor husband Crispin, want to ...
Plans by the European Commission to stop restaurants placing refillable cruets of olive oil on tables are 'bizarre', says Dutch prime minister Mark Rutte. Brussels says the rules, which require olive oil bottles to be sealed and labelled, are necessary to ensure customers know exactly what they are eating and that the oil is of good quality. Rutte said the Netherlands had campaigned ...
Dina Garipova of Russia performs the song "What If" during the final of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest at the Malmo Opera Hall in Malmo at the weekend. Photograph: Jessica Gow/Scanpix ...
Political analyst Dr Winford James said yesterday if the e-mails implicating the Prime Minister and two senior members of her Cabinet in criminal activities are true then "the Government would have no choice but to step down and call fresh ...
Chef and TV personality Andrew Zimmern and 13-year-old Isaac Xiong of Brooklyn Park discussed ways to cook squirrel on Tuesday, May 21, 2013. Zimmern, host of "Bizarre Foods" on the Travel channel, was visiting patients at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis. Isaac, who has leukemia, hunts and eats squirrels with his father and has been a longtime fan of Zimmern's show. ...
The Thirteenth Floor
There have been a number of American films in the last few years that have been built on the notion of questioning What is reality? These include "Dark City," which played with the idea of implanted memories, "The Truman Show," which gave us a TV studio masquerading as the real world, and, most recently, "The Matrix," with its alien-imposed, prison-like virtual world. What these films have ... ...
WASHINGTON -- Two prominent old-line Senate Republicans threw down the gauntlet to their more conversative colleagues on Tuesday, challenging them to stop obstructing the passage of a budget. Led by tea party Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Mike Lee (R-Utah), Republicans have been preventing the Senate from sending the budget it passed earlier this year to a conference committee ...
But one pre-school has decided children's imaginations are getting too wild and has moved to ban superhero games.A school flyer has emerged online warning of the dangers of superhero antics.''The imaginations of our preschool children are becoming dangerously overactive causing injuries within our pre-k community,'' the flyer ...
Michael Douglas, right, plays Liberace and Matt Damon is Scott Thorson in "Behind the Candelabra," which tells the strange story of Thorson's life before and after his relationship with Liberace. (CLAUDETTE BARIUS | ...
BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Argentinos Juniors, staring into the jaws of relegation, have had a set of false teeth thrown at their coach by an angry fan while the club's president has quit his seat at the Argentine ...
The Rob Ford spectacle is incredible and outrageous and his friends need to demand that he do the right thing
Canadians trust their politicians to do the right thing, even if they do the wrong thing. They trust them to have honour, and to respect the honour of their office.The time for Toronto Mayor Rob Ford to address allegations that he was captured on videotape smoking crack in the presence of a drug dealer was last Friday, when the allegations emerged, or Tuesday at the latest. The moment passed him ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Charing Cross
I had stayed at this hotel once before, some years previous, so was looking forward to a new review. The ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
North Korea TimesNorth Korea Times | Oldest News Site in North Korea
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The North Korea Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive North Korean news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, North Korean news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local North Korea news, the weather forecast for North Korea you'll find it all in the North Korea Times.
From Najin to Pyongyang, the North Korea Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
PYONGYANG - A Chinese boat and 16 fishermen held by armed North Koreans for more than two weeks have been released, easing the latest tension in relations between the neighbouring allies.
Owner Yu Xuejun, who was not on board the boat when it was seized on 5 May, wrote on his microblog that his captain called him at 3.50am to say the crew and boat were set free and that they were on their way home.
He told the state-run Global Times newspaper that all crew members were safe.
North Korea has said nothing publicly about the seizure. On Sunday, after Yu had sent out increasingly desperate distress messages on his microblog over the weekend, Beijing revealed that the boat had been seized on May 5. Yu called the Chinese Embassy for help on May 10, China's official news agency Xinhua said.
Yu, who had earlier reported the seizure to Chinese authorities, began publicising the incident over the weekend as the deadline for a 600,000 yuan (64,000 pounds) ransom drew near. Chinese state media then began reporting on the incident, saying China was demanding that North Korea release the men.
Yu said on his microblog on Tuesday that he had been unable to pay any ransom and thanked China's foreign ministry for negotiating on his behalf. ...
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- Will London Respond to Somalias Needs
- Miles to go for Thein Sein
- And the winner is - Khamenei
- China nears pointof no return with Kim
- New spark in the South China Sea
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Paulina Rubio to be judge on `X Factor
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- IPL Spot-fixing TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Winger Ioane Faces Fitness Race for First Lions Test
- Are your children swimming in feces If youre taking them to public pools the answer is yes
- Over 800 world scientists agree GM crops are nothing short of a bio-war on our food
- Global warming debunked NASA report verifies carbon dioxide actually cools atmosphere
- Chinese herb eradicates cancer in 40 days says new research
- The never-ending rape of the Camerons
- Rebooting our racial quotas
- Real leaders leave gracefully
- Schools should promote diversity
- Reconnecting with the homeland
- January Jones keeps mum about paternity of son
- Iodine deficiency during pregnancy may lead to lower IQ among kids
- Mothers diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- Alec gives his baby a boost
- Drunken baby Polish baby boy born nearly 23 times over drunk-driving limit
- Anthony Weiner Enters NYC Mayoral Race With YouTube Video
- Cannes Apsara Distribution Gets Asia Rights to Harrison Fords Paranoia
- Sara Bareilles Jason Collins to Headline LGBT Democratic Fundraiser with Michelle Obama
- Appeals Court Denies Ronald Tutors Bid to Sell Movies Tied up in Bankruptcy Case
- Google+ rolls out a redesign for mobile Web similar to desktop
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest North Korea Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Chinese boat with 16 fishermen freed by North Korea
- North Korea sends top aide to China
- Senior CPC official meets DPRKs envoy
- North Koreas top party-military official sent to China as special envoy amid strained tensions
- North Korean envoy visits Beijing for talks