India and Britain have signed an MOU for cooperation in the field of health. The MoU was signed by Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Secretary of State for Health, UK, Jeremy Richard Hunt last evening in Geneva. Describing the agreement as a historic event and a great milestone, Azad noted with optimism that this agreement is going to usher in a new era of cooperation in the health ...
A toddler, who survived a car crash horror, was taken to a morgue in a body bag before doctors realised that he was actually breathing. Eisa Hayat was the only survivor of the car accident that took the lives of five members of the then one-year-old's British family on a pilgrimage to Mecca, the Daily Star reported. Doctors in Saudi Arabia saw the toddler moving in the bag just before they ...
Compared to other central venous catheters (CVCs), peripherally inserted central catheters (known as PICCs) -- an often preferred route for delivery of IV medications-more than double the risk of dangerous blood clots - especially among patients who are critically ill or who have cancer. This was found in a new University of Michigan Health System study including an Indian origin scientist. ...
After a victorious comeback to professional tennis, former World No. 20 and cancer survivor Alisa Kleybanova vowed Monday to return to the sport's biggest competitions. The Russian, 23, won two WTA titles before being forced to quit the sport in July 2011 when she was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma. After an aborted comeback bid last year, Kleybanova made a successful return last week at a ...
Mayo Clinic researchers have developed a promising method to distinguish between pancreatic cancer and chronic pancreatitis - two disorders that are difficult to tell apart. They found that a molecular marker obtained from pancreatic "juices" could identify almost all cases of pancreatic cancer. "Many researchers have been working on such a diagnostic test for a long time - for me, it has ...
Writer/director Joe Carnahan has a generic, unimposing name, the kind you would expect to see in the credits of a straight-to-video slugfest. And, in some ways, that is exactly what his sophomore film, Narc, is, except that it is filmed with such energy and bravado and boasts two performances by Ray Liotta and Jason Patric that are so impressive that it rises above its generic roots and be ... ...
Badminton has become an indirect victim of bird flu that has been affecting the country, given that the extensive slaughtering of infected ducks has created a shortage of feathers, an essential raw material for the birdies used in the sport, media reports said. Many cases of H7N9 bird flu have been detected at farms in the eastern Chinese provinces of Anhui, Jiangxi and Fujian, which are the ...
Beginning on the day he was born six weeks premature last year, an East Tennessee infant had to fight just to stay alive. Born with an array of heart conditions - a hypoplastic right ventricle, pulmonary atresia and a ventricular septal defect - the baby had a shunt implanted in his heart to regulate the blood flow. Because of his courage and ability to flash a smile even as he battled ...
lawsuit filed in California in March claims that in the course of serving a warrant for tax records related to a single former employee of a southern California business, IRS agents "stole more than 60,000,000 medical records of more than 10,000,000 Americans." The agents did this in spite of the fact that such a seizure was not authorized by the warrant, was irrelevant to their ...
34-year old former Wales back Matthew J Watkins has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer according to the WRU. In a statement released on Monday, the governing body in Wales confirmed that Watkins was undergoing treatment for a rare form of the illness in his right pelvis at Venindre Hospital in Cardiff.Watkins played for the Scarlets, Newport Gwent Dragons and for Gloucester in the ...
Durban - The Inkatha Freedom Party on Monday called for KwaZulu-Natal's health MEC and the head of department to quit over their failure to keep two cancer radiotherapy machines operational at a Durban ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Plaza, New York City
After a prompt and friendly check-in at The Plaza I was escorted by the bellman to the 15th floor to ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
North Korea TimesNorth Korea Times | Oldest News Site in North Korea
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The North Korea Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive North Korean news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, North Korean news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local North Korea news, the weather forecast for North Korea you'll find it all in the North Korea Times.
From Najin to Pyongyang, the North Korea Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Beijing, May 20 (Xinhua-ANI): The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) fired another short-range missile between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. local time after launching a missile on Monday morning, Yonhap News Agency reported.
"North Korea fired one KN-02 short-range missile between 11 a.m. and 12 a.m. and a second one between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Monday. The second missile is the same type as the KN-02 short-range missile launched on Monday morning," Yonhap quoted Seoul military officials as reporting.
DPRK has already fired six short-range missiles into a same water since last Saturday.
South Korea's presidential office urged DPRK to stop aggravating tensions on the Korean Peninsular after DPRK launched the fifth missile on the third day.
DPRK said Monday that the country' s missiles launch is only part of normal military training for self-defense purpose, its official news agency KCNA reported. (Xinhua-ANI)
- Large rally places job demands on Italian government
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Financial Times allegedly hacked by Syrians
- Target looks for new ideas from digital world
- How to Raise the Standard for Normal Behavior
- Op-Ed Contributor Chinas Entrenched Gender Gap
- EDITORIAL The deficit dip
- Decision time for L.A.
- A birth control double standard
- British economy in modest recovery central bank governor
- Becks bombarded with big-bucks TV and film deals
- Reaction Saturation And Sunday Night Television
- Support Grows for NTD Television to Keep Broadcasting Into China
- Cannes Germanys Studio 100 Launches Film Division
- Statewide hurricane exercise pays homage to Bob Lay
- Eat more superfoods to lose weight
- Scientists Wage War on Alternative Medicine
- Live video chat with fitness guru Karl Henry
- Licorice may hold key to diabetes treatment
- Germany faces big challenges in shift toward green energy
- Prospects improve in 6th year of Greek recession
- Looking forward with a new hope
- All a-flutter over beauty queens
- Politics killing the earth
- Obama discusses racism fatherhood with black college grads
- Retiring baby boomers are selling their small businesses
- Health Parenting Releases Pregnancy week to week App for iPad
- Beyonce Baby Rumors Singer Slams Low Life People on Instagram Amid Pregnancy Reports
- 2-month-old Lowell baby boy dies
- Financial Times allegedly hacked by Syrians
- Wordpress CEO says 72000 blogs left Tumblr after Yahoo deal
- Cannes Atlas Takes on Colm Meaney-starrer A Belfast Story
- LG to demo bendable and unbreakable smartphone screen
- Yahoo confirms $1.1 billion Tumblr acquisition
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest North Korea Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- DPRK fires another short-range missile Media
- North Korea fires two more short-range missiles
- DPRK says missiles launch part of normal military training for self-defense
- Ban concerned about provocations after latest DPR Korea missile test
- North Korea Test-Fires 4th Short-Range Missile